Fano Guitar's Warranty
Desert Son Musical Instruments, LLC (DSMI) warrants this Fano brand instrument to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as it is owned by the original retail purchaser, except for the following, which are warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.
THIS WARRANTY IS EXTENDED TO THE ORIGINAL RETAIL PURCHASER ONLY AND MAY NOT BE TRANSFERRED OR ASSIGNED TO SUBSEQUENT OWNERS. IN ORDER TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY, AND AS A CONDITION PRECEDENT TO WARRANTY COVERAGE HEREUNDER, YOU MUST REGISTER YOUR FANO INSTRUMENT, ONLINE, WITHIN THIRTY (30) DAYS FOLLOWING THE ORIGINAL DATE OF PURCHASE. IN ADDITION, YOUR PROOF OF PURCHASE OR SALES RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY ALL REQUESTS FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE.For warranty service, Fano Guitars provides its own factory service and parts at no charge providing that the Customer includes "proof of purchase" (receipt or invoice) and that during the first 30 days the unit is shipped in its original carton. The following terms apply:
- Pickups, switches, jacks, controls, all other electronic components
- Tuning machines, hardware, pickguards, plated surfaces
- Gig bags, cases and case hardware
Limitations and Exclusions THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- If covered under warranty: 1 to 30 days, DSMI pays ground shipping both ways.
- Within 31 days to one year of purchase, customer pays shipping to DSMI, DSMI pays return ground shipping.
- Over one year, customer pays shipping both ways.
THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE ONLY WARRANTY MADE BY FANO WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND IS MADE EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. Any implied warranties, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, imposed under state law are limited to the duration of this limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not be applicable to you. DSMI ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE RESULTING FROM NEITHER FAILURE OF THIS PRODUCT NOR ANY LOSS OF INCOME, SATISFACTION, OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE LOSS OF USE OF SAME DUE TO DEFECTS OR AVAILABILITY OF SAME DURING SERVICE. NOTE: This warranty applies only to Fano instruments manufactured after January 1, 2017 and purchased within the U.S.A. Warranties outside these countries are as defined by the authorized Fano Dealer for your country or region, and may vary from the above in terms and/or length.
- Fret wear, saddle wear, nut wear, strings and batteries.
- Checking, shrinking, sinking, discoloration and wear of lacquer finishes.
- Setups, adjustments or routine maintenance of any kind.
- Any subjective issues such as "tone".
- Any instrument upon which unauthorized repair or service work has been carried out.
- Damage to finishes or cracks, splitting, or warpage of wood due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with sun, fire, moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration, guitar straps, guitar stands/hangers made from vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemicals or non Fano-approved polishes.
- Damage, corrosion or rusting of any hardware components caused by humidity, salty air, or exposure to the moisture, body salts and acids of perspiration.
- Any damage to an instrument resulting from customization or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument, case or gig bag including jacks, controls, switches, plated surfaces, tuning machines, pickguards, zippers, clasps, handles, latches, case hardware etc.
- All other damage and deterioration due to normal usage, wear and tear, aging, accidents, neglect, abuse, or Acts of Nature.
- Any instrument, whose serial number is missing, altered or tampered with in any fashion.
- Any instrument purchased from anyone other than an Authorized Fano® Dealer or directly from Fano through its online store.