No Sales Tax
No sales tax on orders outside of TN!
Every guitar is setup and ready to play right out of the box!
Free shipping on all orders!
Enjoy simple and flexible returns!
Harkening back to the late '80s when Charvel guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we proudly introduce the all-new Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM. Exquisite in style, this MJ signature model blends Charvel’s unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of Govan’s preferred top-end features.
This 25.5" scale guitar features a San Dimas® basswood body with an ash top and specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on maple neck has a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back of the neck and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12"-16" compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features 24 jumbo stainless-steel frets, as well as crème dot inlays and Luminlay® side dots.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, along with a two-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions. This instrument also comes loaded with two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone, recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block, Gotoh® die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL nut.
The Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM is available in a stately Three-Tone Sunburst finish, complete with chrome hardware, brown pickup bobbins and a licensed Fender® Stratocaster® headstock.
Condition: This is a brand new Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas® SD24 CM. It comes equipped with our Pro-Tech setup and Charvel's warranty. Drop Dee Guitars is an authorized dealer of Charvel Guitars.
Pro-Tech Setup: Our Pro-Tech setup makes your guitar ready to rock straight out of the box. Here’s how:
- Make any adjustments so the neck is straight to avoid any fret buzzing and for comfort Check the nut and nut slots for any adjustments/filing to prevent any tuning issues, as well as for comfort at the lower frets
- Make any adjustments to the bridge/tremolo system so it’s in the proper position for tuning stability
- Set the action to a height that feels comfortable for each guitar
- Set the intonation so you’re in tune everywhere on the neck
All of these steps will make your brand new guitar feel as comfortable as ever and ready to play straight out of the box!
- Model Number: 2925414588
- Series: MJ
- Color: Three-Tone Sunburst
- Number of Strings: 6
- Orientation: Right-Hand
- Bridge Pickup: Charvel® Custom Humbucking
- Middle Pickup: Charvel® Custom Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Charvel® Custom Humbucking
- Pickup Color: Brown
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Outer Coil, Position 4. Middle and Neck Outer Coil, Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Way Mini-Toggle to Engage Single-Coil Simulation in Bridge (Pos 1) and Neck (Pos 5) Humbucker Positions
- Pickup Configuration: HSH
- Body Finish: Satin
- Body Shape: San Dimas® Style 1
- Body Top: Ash
- Bridge: Recessed Charvel® Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tremolo Arm: Pop-In Tremolo Arm
- Tremolo Block: Brass
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style Luminlay® Numbered
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck with Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Neck Binding: None - Rolled Fingerboard Edges
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Caramelized Maple
- Number of Frets: 24
- Fret Size: Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Nut Material: Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL
- Nut Width: 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Position Inlays: Crème Dots
- Side Dots: Luminlay®
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Headstock: Licensed Fender® Stratocaster®
- Neck Plate: None - 4-Bolt Sculpted Heel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
Extremely great purchase! I messaged Matt late at night inquiring about my own personal setup preference and he was super quick to respond! Incredibly well setup guitar and even more incredible customer service!
These guys are awesome!!! Great to work with... Talked me through all of the features and got the guitar to me sooner than I thought. Will be buying from these guys again!!
Great working with seller amazing communication and very well packaged guitar no complaints it is immaculate and amazing to play thank you so much.
Awesome seller! Very responsive and helpful, and a pleasure to work with! The guitar was well packed and is amazing!