No Sales Tax
No sales tax on orders outside of TN!
Every guitar is setup and ready to play right out of the box!
Free shipping on all orders!
Enjoy simple and flexible returns!
While ESP first got started in 1975 as a small repair shop in Tokyo, it was really toward the mid ‘80s when our guitars and basses grabbed the attention of players around the world. The LTD ’87 Series are faithful recreations of this set of instruments from ESP’s 1987 catalog. The LTD M-1 Custom ’87, based on the legendary original ESP M-1 model, offers neck-thru body construction for fast access to the highest frets. Its comfortable alder body and three-piece extra thin U-shaped maple neck are designed for speed and smooth playability. The M-1 Custom ’87 features a top-mounted Floyd Rose 1000 bridge and a single Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion pickup with a push-pull control for coil splitting, and an EMG PA-2 boost switch for when you need that extra push of raw power. The TB-6 is a classic Duncan high-output passive humbucker that incorporates a massive ceramic magnet and hot coil windings to deliver powerful but balanced rock and metal tones with rich upper-midrange harmonic content.
Condition: This is a brand new M-1 Custom '87 in Dark Metallic Purple. It comes equipped with our Pro-Tech setup and ESP’s warranty. Drop Dee Guitars is an authorized dealer of ESP Guitars.
Pro-Tech Setup: Our Pro-Tech setup makes your guitar ready to rock straight out of the box. Here’s how:
- Make any adjustments so the neck is straight to avoid any fret buzzing and for comfort Check the nut and nut slots for any adjustments/filing to prevent any tuning issues, as well as for comfort at the lower frets
- Make any adjustments to the bridge/tremolo system so it’s in the proper position for tuning stability
- Set the action to a height that feels comfortable for each guitar
- Set the intonation so you’re in tune everywhere on the neck
All of these steps will make your brand new guitar feel as comfortable as ever and ready to play straight out of the box!
- Construction: Neck-Thru
- Scale: 25.5"
- Body: Alder
- Neck: 3Pc Maple
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 350mm
- Finish: Dark Metallic Purple
- Nut Width: 43mm
- Nut Type: Locking
- Neck Contour: Extra Thin U
- Frets/Type: 24 XJ
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Hardware Color: Chrome
- Strap Button: Standard
- Tuners: LTD
- Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000
- Bridge PU: Seymour Duncan Distortion *(Pull Volume for Split)
- Electronics Layout: Volume(Push/Pull)/EMG PA-2 Mini switch
- Strings: D'Addario XL120 (.009/.011/.016/.024/.032/.042)
Extremely great purchase! I messaged Matt late at night inquiring about my own personal setup preference and he was super quick to respond! Incredibly well setup guitar and even more incredible customer service!
These guys are awesome!!! Great to work with... Talked me through all of the features and got the guitar to me sooner than I thought. Will be buying from these guys again!!
Great working with seller amazing communication and very well packaged guitar no complaints it is immaculate and amazing to play thank you so much.
Awesome seller! Very responsive and helpful, and a pleasure to work with! The guitar was well packed and is amazing!